Position: Deputy Director of the International Religious Freedom Summit
Reports to: The Deputy Director will report to the Executive Director and will also be answerable and available to the Summit Co-Chairs.
The role of Deputy Director for the IRF Summit will primarily focus on the logistic and technical management of Summit planning and execution with the professional event planners. This role will work closely with the Executive Director to ensure all partners receive the benefits of their partnership agreement. This role will also include management of interns and the hire should be able to come into a physical office once or twice a week, although it will mostly be flexible remote work.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume to Executive Director, Peter Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the logistical and technical aspects of planning and executing the IRF Summit, in coordination with the professional event planners
- Coordinate with professional event planners to ensure Partners receive all their requisite benefits due in their partner agreements
- Work with professional event planners on registration and ensure it is setup correctly and runs smoothly, from launch through onsite at the Summit
- Coordinate with professional event planners on production of materials for Summit, such as backdrops, signage, print materials and digital materials
- Recruit, train, and manage an intern class, a minimum of two interns during the fall and one during the spring and summer
- Provide direction and oversite of volunteer coordinator and vendor hall coordinator
- Manage announcements and schedule for Summit Steering Committee Meetings
- Education level: Four-year college degree in a relevant field preferred
- Experience: A grasp of the international religious freedom policy space and key civil society and government actors
- Specific skills: Experience in event organization and team management
- Personal characteristics: Should be highly self-motivated and diplomatic, able to work with difficult people and under intense pressure without becoming rattled
- Should be comfortable working with a wide range of religious and political perspectives in a respectful and productive manner
Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000